Summer is coming soon. You may be thinking about what your child will do for meals while school is out. The good news is that the U.S. Department of Agriculture has partnered in your local community and agencies to serve free meals. It’s food that’s in, while school is out. There are no income requirements, and any child under the age of 18 is invited to eat.
Here is the information about the local summer food sites:
Dates Serving: June 3 through August 9
Serving Lunch: Monday through Friday (no meals served on July 4 or July 5)
Location and Serving Times
- Salvation Army, 250 E. Main St. 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Carson Elementary, 549 E. Main St. 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Y.E.S. Club, 100 E. Church St. 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
- Shiloh Baptist Church, 383 Washington St. 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
- Coble Park in “Little Texas”, Ohio St. 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Log Pond Apartments, 628 Glenbrook Drive 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Newark Townhomes, 11 Daugherty Circle 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
- Freedom School at PAR Excellence, 1350 Granville Rd. 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
(June 17 – July 26)
- First Methodist Church, 88 N. 5th Street 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Wilson Middle School, 805 W Church Street 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Trail West Apartments, 1946 Cherry Valley Road 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
- Ryan-Braden Park, 121 W. 3rd St. Buckeye Lake 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Miller Park, 3 Crestview Dr., Utica 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
- Hebron Park, 119 W Cumberland St., Hebron 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
Please contact Lt. Denise Martin or Kaye Hartman at (740) 345-8120 with any questions you might have regarding meal schedules.
Free summer meals for kids are also served at the Licking County Family YMCA, 470 W. Church Street, at th Snack Shack near the Alford Aquatic Center and the bike path. The meals are available June 3-August 16
- Breakfast: 7:15 to 8:45 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Snack available: 2:45 p.m.