As residents of the Newark community, we invite you to volunteer in our schools. Whether you are available five hours a day or five hours a week, we'd love to have you. No special skills are needed, although volunteers are encouraged to share any talents or interests they have.
Here are just few ideas on how you can volunteer:
Being involved in the public schools doesn't have to mean traveling to the school and working with students during the school day. There are many opportunities for parents and community members to support our schools.
- Tutor a student
- Teach students about job skills
- Provide clerical help
- Read stories
- Assist with our after-school program
- Be a part of a district advisory committee
- Help make costumes, scenery or props
- Take care of the classroom pets or plants during vacations
- Collect and send in box tops or soup labels
- Invite a class to your work site for a field trip
- Join the parent, teacher organization
- Attend athletic events and concerts
For more information about volunteering in the Newark district, call 740.670.7000.