Thank you for considering Newark City Schools. To help ensure that schools and students are well prepared for the first day of school, parents are encouraged to register their child or children as soon as possible. Doing so helps our schools and teachers be equipped and ready to make each student's first day pleasant and productive.
- Entering kindergarten: Children who are five by September 30 are eligible to enter kindergarten that school year. We will hold a kindergarten registration week in early April. Registering as early as possible before the fall helps us to get organized for the new school year. Every form you need for registration is marked to the right.
To determine the school your child will attend, please click on the attendance boundary information. School phone numbers and addresses are available at this link.
You can get a jump on the registration process by completing the forms on the right side of this page. Please drop them off at our district office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. daily, Monday through Friday.
When you register your child, please bring the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Photo ID for Custodial Parent
- Current Immunization Record
- Child Custody Records, if applicable
- Proof of Residency (such as a paid utility bill)